Salary: £18000 - £22000 per annum
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103752
Salary: £18 – 22,000 per annum
Would you like to join a global packaging manufacturer specialising in a variety of paper and plastic based packaging products selling across a range of industries? Based in the Midlands, our client is looking to recruit a Category Assistant to join the existing the Purchasing team due to company growth.
As the Category Assistant, you will support the Category Manager and wider departments with any project or reporting work. Manage all the day to day enquiries and administrative tasks within the category whilst providing other departments within the business with accurate information in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will include;
• Keeping up to date records of information gathered from researching the market and supply base at sub-category level
• Complete RFP enquiries in a timely manner
• Maintain accurate records of supplier and product data
• Acting as first point of contact for account support functions
• Generate and maintain departmental / category specific reports including Category spend and raw material tracking
• Taking ownership of a sub-category, produce a cost saving plan and undertake tender activity
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a Purchasing / Buyer role dealing direct with overseas suppliers
• Attention to detail
• Strong IT skills; Excel knowledge
• Negotiation skills
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £22,000 per annum.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out! For more information on this role, please contact Selina at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260