Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Location: St Albans
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103740
Procurement Manager required for well-respected Housing Association based in St Alban's.
Due to the resignation of their procurement manager, they are seeking an experienced procurement professional to join the team to run and maintain the procurement department.
The Housing Association need someone from a social housing background to guide the procurement team in the right direction.
Are you senior procurement professional looking for the next step in your career to become a Procurement Manager?
Or Are you already a Procurement Manager who can support the procurement function within this Housing Association?
Can you commit to a 12months fixed term contract to support this procurement team?
If you have answered ‘yes' they will want to hear from you!
• Maintain relationships with suppliers and make changes to the as and when needed
• Lead supplier negotiations and contractual arrangements
• Analyse costs and ensure saving are being made were possible
• Set purchasing policies, taking into account organisational needs, legislation, budget and value for money initiative
• Introduce a formal tendering process
• Review OJEU compliance and make recommendations to improve overall compliance
• Understand the organisation procurement process to determine and review how this can be made more efficient
This is a great opportunity for a Procurement Manager looking for a challenge to help rectify a procurement function.