Interim Category Specialist
Salary: £300 per day
Job Type: Contract
Job Ref: 123103732
Interim Category Specialist (IT)
Day rate: up to £300 per day. 3 – 6 months contract
Do you have a wealth of expertise on public sector frameworks? Would you like to deliver best in class procurement advice to schools across the UK?
As an Interim Category Specialist, you will be demonstrating best value for money across the education sector, distributing advice to clients and customers based around their IT spend. You will have a commercial mindset, but with a great understanding of public sector procurement frameworks.
You will be responsible for;
• Providing procurement advice and guidance across the IT category to schools across the North West
• Support the director and wider team as a point of contact
• Manage accounts of schools and educational establishments UK wide to ensure best quality service and advice on their IT services
• To manage negotiation of contract terms on a range of local, regional and Framework contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts
• To have up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation including EU regulations for public procurement essential
• Achieving targets and KPI's
• Provide advice to manage a range of complex procurement and collaborative strategies to improve and enhance procurement practices for clients.
You will have;
• Specific category expertise in IT
• A confident and outgoing personality, and the ability to not only manage contracts and accounts, but to build and develop relationships
• Degree and CIPS qualified is desirable
• Public and private sector experience
• Preferably with previous consultancy experience
• A good understanding of OJEU regulations
In return, you will receive a day rate of up to £300 per day.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, please apply with your CV or speak to Kirsty at Procurement People