Salary: £35000 - £42000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103718
Position: Procurement Officer
Location: Stoke, Birmingham or High Wycombe
Travel: Multisite – Stoke, Birmingham, High Wycombe and very rarely Scotland
An opportunity has arisen to join a company that specialises in water treatment and purification. As the Procurement Officer, you will be responsible for the procurement of materials and providing purchasing support to the rest of the team. This role will require regular UK travel to multiple sites, this will be visiting suppliers and site teams.
Responsibilities will include;
• Participation in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance
• KPI's monitoring, measuring & reporting on key supply chain metrics
• Responsible for Indirect and Direct spend
• To participate in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance
• Negotiation with internal and external stakeholders
• Introduce appropriate supplier management tools across the supply base to ensure continuity of supply and supplier innovation
You will have;
• Experience in Engineering or Construction would be desirable due to the understanding of how the supply chain works across the business.
• Experience within – Indirect and Direct Purchasing – 60% / 40% respectively split within the 2500 suppliers
• Commercial mindset – the successful candidate will need to be focused on improving performance, driving efficiencies and gaining added value
• A track record of personal improvement – this role requires ambition, and progressive thinkers, therefore we looking for a strong "up and comer" in their career.
• Level 4 / 5 CIPS qualification is desirable at least working towards.
• Very good attention to detail & investigative nature
• An ambitious & proactive character will be important
• Engaging and respectful whilst able to sell the benefit of world class procurement
• Able to mine and interpret data
• End to End procurement experience
• Able to demonstrate cost saving initiatives that you have implemented
As the Procurement Officer, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with the company, as they offer a comprehensive training and development plan specifically designed for you. If you are ambitious and hungry to succeed, this role will be perfect for you.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary with a large range of benefits. You will be welcomed into a results driven and autonomous culture, you will become an expert in your field and be given the platform to develop professionally.
If you think you match the above criteria, or just want to know more, please contact Kirsty at Procurement People.