IT Procurement Specialist
Salary: £300 - £350 per day
Job Type: Contract
Job Ref: 123103717
Would you like to work for one of London's prestigious housing organisations?
Are you a IT Procurement Specialist available immediately for a 6 month contract?
Are you CIPS qualified and have an excellent knowledge of the OJEU framework?
Procurement People are currently working with one of the UK's leading housing associations in the UK
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large procurement function for a 6 months period.
The Procurement Manager is seeking a hands on IT Procurement Specialist who is qualified with CIPS and extensive knowledge of OJEU framework.
• Provide advice on the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures and ensuring this are aligned with UK and EU Procurement Legislation within the IT arena
• Experience of working across multiple IT disciplines, Hardware, Applications, SAAS, Telecoms, Managed Services and Professional Services
• Analyse Data on the purchase to pay systems
• Implement the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives
• Liaising with stakeholders including customers, contractors and consultants,
• Identifying significant opportunities to reduce costs, reduce operational and commercial risks and increase value via the collection and interpretation of detailed and complex information
• Negotiate with and influence suppliers to achieve improved service and quality
• Take an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined commodity areas assigned.
• Work with both suppliers and operational areas of the business to explore and investigate opportunities where costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified
• Ensure that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money
• Ensure procurement activity delivers against procurement strategy and assigned portfolio
• Provide advice and guidance relating to procurement regulations to the wider organisation
This is a very good time to join this organisation as they are in a rapid period of growth, please send your CV and covering letter to Cassandra Greaves at Procurement People