Group Purchasing Manager
Salary: £60000 - £65000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103707
Are you searching for a new challenge to open the Procurement function for a global company that recognises talent?
Are you a dynamic procurement professional with a firm understanding of direct and indirect procurement and the manufacturing industry?
Do you have the initiative to work independently with the ability to perform all elements of "the 7 steps of procurement?"
A great opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Expert to join a manufacturing organisation as their first Group Purchasing Manager. This is a newly created role, which is pivotal to the companies continued growth and success. This role is responsible for driving forward the delivery of the operationalisation of the procurement strategy to ensure best value, quality, compliance and cost. This role will cover the full generalist remit, at both an operational and strategic level.
The role will include:
• Support the development of supply chain processes to drive efficiency gains, reduce costs and deliver savings
• KPI's monitoring, measuring & reporting on key supply chain metrics
• Responsibilities for Direct & Indirect Spend
• To participate in the implementation of strategic procedural and practical changes to increase productivity and performance
• Negotiation with internal and external stakeholders
• Providing assistance, where required and sanctioned, with supplier negotiations at country level
• Introduce appropriate supplier management tools across the supply base to ensure continuity of supply
• Ensuring the completion of regular weekly/monthly reports from Group Business units and producing consolidated reports
You will have:
• Strong purchasing background focusing on savings across Direct Materials, Transport & Travel, Facilities & Indirect Services
• Experience in manufacturing would be desirable due to the understanding of how the supply chain works across the business.
• Commercial mindset – the successful candidate will need to be focused on improving performance
• A track record of personal improvement – this role requires ambition, and progressive thinkers, therefore we looking for a strong "up and comer" in their career.
• Level 4 CIPS qualification is desirable but not essential
• Very good attention to detail & investigative nature
• An ambitious & proactive character will be important
• Engaging and respectful whilst able to sell the benefit of world class procurement
• Able to mine and interpret data
• End to End procurement experience
• Able to demonstrate cost saving initiatives that they have implemented
Reporting into the Group Operations Director, you will be based in Brentford with occasional travel to the small purchasing team in Sheffield. The role will oversee the regional roll out, creation and adoption of a procurement tool kit including procedures, policies, use of standard contracts, and a wide range of procurement programmes such as cost saving, efficiency and scope of service revision.
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £65,000 + Additional benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to create some amazing achievements within a business, and to develop new categories and strategies.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today, call Kirsty McEwen