Commercialisation & Quality Manager
Salary: Negotiable subject to experience
Location: High Wycombe
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103706
Would you like to work for a market leading brand? Are you experienced in maximising product quality, food safety and profitability?
As Commercialisation & Quality Manager you will be responsible for delivering product improvement, product development and supplier development projects across the produce category to agreed plan and timescales aligned with category and brand strategy.
• Proactively manage category supplier performance in all areas of quality, food safety and development.
• Develop and deliver technical plans to enable delivery of the category and brand strategy that will drive profitability.
• Manage the process of supplier and product development and testing, ensuring brand approval at each stage to agreed timescales and outputs using the structured gate approval process for supplier and product approval.
• Investigate and resolve food safety, quality and/or integrity working with key stakeholders to find lasting solutions.
• Develop long-term partnerships with key suppliers and stakeholders that will deliver sustainable value.
• Develop and drive quality improvement projects with suppliers (securing stakeholder buy-in, defining critical path, providing clear feedback / progress reports).
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
• Strong, proven experience in similar role
• Thorough understanding of produce category, food technology, relevant country legislation, food hygiene, audit and quality management systems
• Product management and commercialisation experience in a highly networked environment
• Proven track record of working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
• Willing and able to travel across Europe and beyond if necessary
• Auditor and HACCP experience
• Knowledge of Spanish, French or German preferred but not essential
• Strategic/commercial focus; understands business strategies and those of suppliers to ensure robust partnerships; they will be organised with the ability to cope with the demands of a changing and fast-paced environment
• Initiative/“entrepreneurial” approach; hands-on approach with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues/problems; works independently and operates effectively within a flexible, fast-paced, small business environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader undergoing continued growth and expansion. The position will offer a varied and dynamic role for which they require innovative and forward thinking individuals.
To discuss this in more detail, please submit you CV or get in touch with Adam Roughton at Procurement People.