Salary: £20000 - £25000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103701
£20,000 - £25,000
Are you a buyer within the construction and building materials market looking for a role to truly make your own?
Do you want to be employed by a multi award winning ‘Best companies to work for?'
An opportunity has arisen to join a national construction and housing company as their Materials Buyer. You will be in a small team of three, solely responsible for the buying of their construction materials. It is your job to produce, manage and lead in creating product ranges that meet the customers needs.
You will be responsible for:
• Using your initiative to ensure core stock for the entire business is accessible
• Replenishing stock and buying new specific stock for projects
• Sourcing the market for the ideal suppliers
• Working on multiple projects at multiple speeds
• Rationalising suppliers for a more efficient process
• Ensure products are ordered and delivered within agreed timescales
You will have:
• Market intelligence and a firm understanding of market trends
• A proactive personality and the ability to make decisions
• Strong negotiation skills
• The ability to manage suppliers and source the market
• The confidence to discuss ideas with internal stakeholders
• An inquisitive personality with the intention to hit the ground running.
• Ideally CIPS qualified
As the materials buyer, you will given autonomy and be trusted to manage your own time effectively. You will have a good understanding of construction materials, and have experience of programming, allocating and coordinating purchase orders. You will also be a strong negotiator with the ability to solve problems. In return, you will receive a salary of £20,000 – £25,000 plus additional benefits, including a staff incentive bonus scheme, flexible working hours and a staff well being programme.
If you feel you fit the above criteria or just want to know more, please apply online today or contact Kirsty at Procurement People.