Assistant Procurement Officer
Salary: £20000 - £27000 per annum
Job Type: Contract
Job Ref: 123103698
Are you a Procurement Assistant or Procurement looking to take that next step in your career?
Are you CIPS qualified with an understanding of the OJEU framework?
Do you work in Social Housing or have the desire to learn new skills within the Public Sector?
There is a 12month contract opportunity which has arisen to join a well-respected organisation operating within the Social Housing sector.
The business portfolio is wide ranging and requires an Assistant Procurement Officer to support the team with tender process, so knowledge and experience is a must.
- You will be working closely with the Senior Procurement Officer to fulfil on deadlines
- You will be flexible to support with any projects or business need that arises
- Supporting with the tender process is a must due to the size of the team
- Able to provide genuine operational support to senior level Procurement colleagues and to the customer base in that some previous tendering experience is essential from requirements specification and business case through to contract award. Knowledge of different procurement routes would also be valuable.
- A meticulous approach to the management, storing and updating of procurement documentation and in the monitoring of procurement procedures and reporting adopted . The post holder will be accountable for essential documentation such as short term Forward plans, the Sourcing plan and the Contracts Register.
- Some evidence of formal procurement training is required.
- 27 days annual leave per year plus Christmas shut down
- Option to join either defined pension scheme (LGPS) or defined contribution pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%
- Health cash plan which also includes access to treatments such as physiotherapy
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work from home
- Subsidised car parking close to our offices
Please feel free to call Cassandra Greaves on - 0121 272 8260 - to discuss your application in more detail.