|Job Title||Category Buyer - Indirects|
|Salary||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
Category Buyer -Indirects
Salary: Up to 45,000 plus excellent benefits and career progression opportunities
Are you an ambitious indirect procurement specialist?
Do you have a robust background and commercial mindset?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading engineering, defence and technology business in the UK Indirect Procurement team responsible for the FM category, working closely to compliment Group level strategies.
A perfect role for an indirect procurement professional looking to take the next step in their career and join a fast-paced, energetic procurement team where there will be ample opportunities for promotion. You will be provided on-the-job training, mentoring and also opportunities for further professional development.
- You will be responsible for procurement activities for various UK Sites related commodities for the UK such as security, catering, product storage, electrical new works and office supplies.
- Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate.
- You will lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Maintain the strategic outlook over a five year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business.
- Managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
- You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
- Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
- Regular travel within the UK will be required, to work closely with our stakeholders and suppliers. Occasional European travel may be required.
Skills and Experience:
- Competent and experienced buyer, with a proven track record in managing indirect suppliers
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence internal stakeholders
- Experience in negotiating with poor performing suppliers
- Experience in drafting tender documentation
- Strong organisational and motivational skills
- Good analytical skills and able to analyse data and produce recommendations to the category lead
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office IT packages (SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) as advanced research and analytical skills are required
- A strong negotiator
Due to their position in the defence sector, this client is only able to accept applications candidates born in the UK, and all selected candidates must go through security clearance to receive an unconditional offer.
In return, you will receive a salary up to £45,000, plus additional benefits such as flexible working hours, pension, and a bonus scheme. This client provides endless possibilities for personal development, and also provide in house training.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out. For more information on this role, please contact Kirsty McEwen or email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org