Are you an enthusiastic professional, looking for your next role within a great team? Do you have strong Cost Analysis experience, in manufacturing, particularly in the automotive industry? In this new position, you will support new model, mass production, strategic cost planning activity, including supplier negotiation, quotation analysis, (process, material, etc.) and localisation activities.
• Liaising with buyers to integrate cost submitted.
• VAVE interrogation submitted by suppliers.
• Updating the MRP system (QAD) and generate and issuing purchase orders.
• Provide relevant cost data on price movements. ,
• Detailed analysis of quotation cost breakdown and knowledge of categories in piece cost.
• Create and report Monthly cost Movement to Manager
• Create New Model Evaluation Presentation along with cost data matrix
• Lead and summarise CR activity within team
• Manage V-Sys (Global purchase system) status and report to HQ
• Lead localisation activities
• Identify and investigate potential alternative suppliers where appropriate to reduce business risk
Experience required (essential)
• Proven procurement capabilities & skills
• Strong communication and negotiation skill
• Ability to provide clear and regular cost reporting to management (Be able to analyse cost data and breakdown at detailed level)
• Ability to work on own initiative, flexible, dynamic and self-motivated.
• Previous purchasing experience is must
• Ability to work in a high pressurized environment.
• Experience in meeting deadlines.
• Good sound IT skills including word excel and power point.
• Full driving licence is must
• High level of Numeracy - Accurate, Meticulous and methodical in preparation of numerical data. Can gather source data, verify and validate before use in a structured approach to achieve the desired objective
• Able to sense check results give rationale for outcome. Understanding of exchange mechanism and duties.
Ideal but not essential
• CIPS qualification or working towards
• Good knowledge of strategic resourcing.
• Experience of new model calculations and costs.
• Understanding of timing plan generation.
To discuss in more detail, please contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People