Do you have a strong Indirect Category Management background?
Our market leading client are seeking a strong Category Manager to focus on driving commercial value and performance from new and existing suppliers within their Indirect categories.
This is a broad role with significant opportunity to extend both the scope and the reach. The role requires a best in class approach to category management with an entrepreneurial approach to working with and influencing stakeholders.
• Manage existing indirect service deals, with focus on continuous improvement & development of long term category strategies.
• Review of opportunity analysis, using stakeholder feedback & robust benefit calculation for prioritising new and existing `project delivery.
• Analysis of spend to allow more effective spend, with clear focus on total cost of ownership, quality & service.
• Best in class engagement and communications strategy / penetration delivering long term partnerships that deliver sustainable value.
• Continuous improvement & uptake strategies with all suppliers, leading quarterly reviews with clear targets and KPIs.
• Development of reporting tools, allowing for gap and spend analysis, performance measurement, etc.
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
• Graduate with CIPS or studying for CIPS (MCIPS Qualification would be beneficial)
• Indirect Spend purchasing experience gained within a professional environment – ideally food retail, leisure or distribution
• Good understanding and appreciation of professional procurement with a focus on supplier relationship management
• Strong organizational and time management skills; able to prioritise effectively and meet demanding deadlines.
• Previous experience of analysing and using data to drive supplier facing projects
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a leading global brand to deliver a World Class service to stakeholder bases across UK & I.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity please apply with your CV online or call Adam Roughton at Procurement People to discuss further.