|Job Title||Principal Commercial Analyst|
|Salary||£45000 - £60000 per annum|
Do you have a working knowledge of operating in a supply chain/ commercial function and understand and have a track record in delivering benefit in this area? Are you an experienced project manager who has a track record in delivering successful projects that have required significant employee engagement?
Your role will be to lead the commercial analyst team that provides invaluable analytical support to the wider commercial team. The market and industry are changing and the commercial team are looking to be on the forefront of this. This role will be primarily focussed on how our client can develop their commercial analyst team providing invaluable analytical support to the wider commercial team. This role requires a structured approach to elicit the best new ideas from the team, the business and externally to help them continuously improve, plan and deliver positive changes effectively to the team.
Procurement will be looking to deliver against strong savings targets across this and the next period, as well as delivering value over and above the pound sign. Working within a matrix environment, the successful candidate will gain great exposure to a huge range of projects, business stakeholders, suppliers and wider business streams. This is a senior manager role within the commercial team and we will be expecting the successful individual to demonstrate the right behaviours in addition to strong capability.
• Embedding clear SLAs with the wider team and ensuring the team is meeting time, cost and quality milestones at all times.
• Leading and supporting stakeholder (project) meetings and presenting findings in front of stakeholder group, which may involve executive and senior level commercial and operational leaders to drive decision making.
• Financial analysis to support investment decisions including project finance/ cashflow modelling (e.g. major and innovative projects) to inform commercial strategy.
• Acting as a technical expert who is able to undertake complex analytics if required to support the team with more challenging projects/ problem solving.
• Leading TWs approach to understanding the macro and micro trends in the wider supply chain and applying these to commercial strategy.
• Develops as part of the management team for our commercial data including processes to proactively cleanse our historic and forecast data to ensure it is as accurate as possible and available to the wider team through our commercial tools.
• Be seen as a subject matter expert in the wider commercial team providing guidance, support and coaching to further the capability of the collective.
Skills and experience:
You will be a data expert with a strong working knowledge of tableau or equivalent database/ reporting software and having good influencing and stakeholder management across all levels is absolutely essential to be successful in this role. Advanced presentation and facilitation skills are necessary and you will be experienced at quickly understanding processes to understand potential opportunities for enhancements with a 'Lean' mindset. We are looking for a strong leader with a proven track record of developing, engaging and motivating a wider team, a professional with a passion for customers and delivering and exceptional service, with the ability to spark this in others, role modelling values.
It's an exciting and challenging time for our client's Commercial team as a whole and their industry. The projects they will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK. Join their team and help them to create innovative commercial solutions that deliver real value for stakeholders and customers.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity please apply with your CV online or call Adam Roughton at Procurement People to discuss further.