Procurement Manager - Technology
Salary: £50000 - £56000 per annum
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103571
Are you a commercial professional who promotes change and new ideas? Do you have experience in engaging with customers whilst building a strong rapport? Are you enthusiastic and customer focused?
Our market leading client currently require an IT Procurement Manager to join their Procurement Technology team in this pivotal role in the selection & management of a robust supply chain and the acquisition of goods and services covering information technology, operational technology and telecoms.
From legacy applications to cloud strategies & the digital infrastructure revolution you will find the Procurement Technology team working as a business partner to identify or support development of technologies to deliver performance improvement.
As artificial intelligence and the application of Blockchain burst onto the scene and technology vendors respond with new solutions there couldn't be a more exciting time to join this team. A key member of the team; you will be required to make recommendations that optimise value for money.
Ideally, you will have worked in a commercial technology environment and possess skills that give you the edge when delivering technology.
• Build positive rapport with customers, suppliers and between key functions.
• To promote cross-functional strategic analysis and decision-making and total cost of ownership principles, taking account of business-wide demand and supply forecasts.
• To contribute towards and implement commercial strategies.
• To lead the tendering for goods or services to achieve business priorities and efficiency targets.
• To maintain a strong supplier base.
• To implement controls and audit regimes that enable compliance with company procurement and commercial policies.
• To make decisions based on ‘value for money', on a 'whole life cost basis.'
Skills and Experience:
• A customer focused approach.
• Excellent interpersonal, influential, communication and organisational skills
• Proven experience of practical effectiveness in strategic sourcing and supply chain contexts.
• Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
• Proven track record of benefits delivery through the application of strategic sourcing techniques and use of relevant systems.
• An innovative approach to pricing strategies.
• Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
• Experience of e-sourcing or tendering systems.
Our client work with their customers and supply chain to deliver continuous improvement in performance through applied category management to ensure that stakeholders have what they need when they need it.
To discuss this in more detail, please submit you CV or get in touch with Adam Roughton at Procurement People.