The focus of the role will be to act as Category Manager covering a broad range of Indirect spend, including Professional Services, HR, Agency Spend, Travel, Estates and Scientific Equipment. You will be a public sector procurement expert, with up to date OJEU knowledge.
• Responsible for the implementation of the category strategy and policies
• To ensure best value is delivered through delivery of EU procurement best practice processes.
• To ensure that the Indirect category strategies are aligned with stakeholders business plans and operational requirements, whilst managing risk effectively.
• Lead the supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and on- going supplier performance and life cycle management.
• To keep up to date with the existing and proposed EU public procurement legislation that may affect the organisation;
• In-depth knowledge of category management techniques & processes.
• CIPS qualified or equivalent
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable knowledge of EU rules and regulations, providing compliant procurement processes and procedures that work to the institutions best advantage.
• Contract development & negotiation of high value and complex contracts to ensure value for money is delivered.
To discuss this role in more detail, contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People