IT Category Manager
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103567
IT Category Manager
Surbiton / South West London
£40,000 - £50,000
This is an exciting opportunity for a public sector procurement professional to take the next step in their career. The role holder will have a good technical knowledge of ICT hardware, software and telecommunications in a business environment and be able to provide specialist knowledge and expertise in the ICT category to ensure value for money is delivered.
• Responsible for the implementation of the category strategy and policies
• To ensure best value is delivered through delivery of EU procurement best practice processes.
• To ensure that the ICT category strategies are aligned with stakeholders business plans and operational requirements, whilst managing risk effectively.
• Lead the supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and on- going supplier performance and life cycle management.
• To keep up to date with the existing and proposed EU public procurement legislation that may affect the organisation;
• Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
• Detailed market and technical knowledge of ICT in a business environment and extensive experience of working across multiple IT disciplines, including Hardware, Applications, SAAS and Telecommunications.
• In-depth knowledge of category management techniques & processes.
• CIPS qualified or equivalent
• Degree qualified or equivalent
• Demonstrable knowledge of EU rules and regulations, providing compliant procurement processes and procedures that work to the institutions best advantage.
• Contract development & negotiation of high value and complex contracts to ensure value for money is delivered.
To discuss this role in more detail, contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People