Head of IT Procurement
Salary: £65000 - £70000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103565
Head of IT Procurement
Circa £65,000 – £70,000
Are you an IT Procurement expert, looking to head up category spend for a major brand? Are you an enthusiastic and team driven professional, looking to take the next step in your career? This is an exciting opportunity to make a real impact on a household name brand.
You will lead the effective delivery of optimized value from the implementation of spend category strategies and best practice into all regions and at the same time ensure compliance while managing global spend.
• Develop & implement the Strategic Spend Management agenda for the IT spend area in line with corporate policies, procedures & the 5 year plan and manage the delivery and realisation of related sustainable savings
• Manage all selection, qualifying and approving of suppliers and procurement activities related to their area of responsibility
• Championing business change using cross-functional resource through influence within operational divisions & teams globally and across regions.
• Lead, manage, develop and supervise the day to day activities of direct reports, ensuring that they meet and deliver on their objectives, and that collaboration with stakeholders is fostered in order to deliver value for the business.
• Creating & Sharing Best Practice & fostering continuous improvement
• Procurement are recognised as a consistent business enabler at the forefront of the business
• Deputise for the Group Head of Procurement when required
• Manage full life cycle Global tenders in line with all country legislation
• Produce and present reporting
• Ability to negotiate & draft commercial & legal contracts
• Excellent influencing and senior stakeholder management skills and a high level of competence in all other technical attributes and soft skills are required
• Risk Management
• Team Leadership & Performance Management
• Significant Experience of leading cross-functional global teams through the delivery of ‘best in class' Global procurement strategies with budgets in excess of £50M
• Experience of leading Category Management process
• Experience of managing cross-functional & matrix teams
• Experience of managing procurement processes spanning over multiple countries
• Delivery of complex change management programmes
• Managing board level stakeholders
• Experience of leading a purchasing team within a complex, Global, multiple stakeholder environment is essential
• CIPS Qualified
• Degree educated
To discuss this in more detail, contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People