|Job Title||Senior Commercial Analyst|
|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum|
Are you an effective senior commercial analyst with a good understanding of a commercial business and experience with business analysis techniques? Do you have the ability to isolate key issues and draw sound conclusions from various sources of information?
Your role will be to provide valuable analytical support to the wider commercial team, often supporting more than one project at once. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the assessment of opportunities with stakeholders and closely involved in the day-to-day delivery of sourcing projects ensuring that recommendations reflect the best possible value and are in line with business objectives.
Working within a matrix environment, the successful candidate will gain great exposure to a huge range of projects, business stakeholders, suppliers and wider business streams. This role is an excellent opportunity to utilise a broad range of skills and will suit candidates with relevant commercial and analytical experience working on a broad range of strategic projects.
• Obtaining, cleansing and analysing large and complex data files to provide insight on our historical spend as well as identifying opportunities in cost and operational efficiency using historic and forecast information;
• Leading and supporting stakeholder (project) meetings and presenting findings in front of stakeholder group, which may involve senior level commercial and operational managers to drive decision making;
• Developing and recommending appropriate commercial models and pricing templates/ bid sheets for each sourcing initiative either by using existing templates or creating new models working closely with the project team;
• Financial analysis to support investment decisions including project finance/ cashflow modelling (e.g. major and innovative projects) to inform commercial strategy.
• Demonstrating a thirst for knowledge to understand the macro and micro trends in the wider supply chain and applying these to commercial strategy;
Skills and experience:
This role requires a self-starter with a proven strong analytical mind set, proven ability to work well under pressure and an ability to productively deal with ambiguity. In addition, the successful candidate must possess advanced PowerPoint and Excel capabilities as well as either a relevant degree or some relevant commercial experience; You will be self-sufficient, hold strong communication/stakeholder engagement skills, and be able to prioritise/multitask to produce required deliverables efficiently.
It's an exciting and challenging time for our client's Commercial team as a whole and their industry. The projects they will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK. Join their team and help them to create innovative commercial solutions that deliver real value for stakeholders and customers.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity please apply with your CV online or call Adam Roughton at Procurement People to discuss further.