Category Manager - FM
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103547
Category Manager – FM
£50,000 – 60,000
Are you an experienced procurement professional with strong knowledge of the FM market? Are you passionate about delivering best in class FM Procurement to clients?
This is an opportunity for a Hard FM Category Manager to join a growing team, managing procurement for public sector clients, including programme management, service delivery management, procurement, subcontract management, supply chain management and design services.
• The position requires a strong candidate with in FM and/or demonstrable knowledge of the FM market in London and the UK.
• The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the procurement, subcontracts management and claim management in the FM sector.
• The candidate must be able to work independently under supervision of the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager whilst working collaboratively with clients in the Public Sector.
• The candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery of all procurement and subcontract management activities for the assigned packages and will accountable for its flawless execution and the delivery of value for money.
The role will perform, under minimal supervision, the full range of market engagement, procurement and subcontract administration activities associated with the sourcing and delivery of Hard FM services. The successful candidate will be accountable for performance and results.
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following key responsibility areas:
• Developing to procurement strategies and recommending the most adequate route to market for each service
• Providing input in the packaging strategy for services based on the capability and capacity of the market
• Undertaking large or complex FM packages, generally within the Public Contracts Regulations
• Developing all tendering documentation required for prequalification, invitation to tenders, tender evaluation and award recommendation and as required by the project or client
• Delivering post award value for money and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain and service delivery teams
• Reviewing the expenditure for the assigned subcontracts and negotiating bespoke rates with suppliers
• Negotiating rates, when required, and exploring gain-share mechanism with suppliers
Required skills and qualifications:
• Educated to Degree level
• A demonstrable experience equivalent to 5 years' experience managing FM procurement and contract management
• Pro-activeness and can-do attitude
• Ability to interface with clients
• Exceptional presentation and reporting skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail