Senior Subcontracts Specialist - FM in Leatherhead
Senior Subcontracts Specialist - FM
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Senior Subcontracts Specialist – FM
£40,000 - £50,000
We are looking for a Senior Subcontracts Specialist to join a Facilities Management (FM) business. The position requires a strong candidate within FM procurement experience and demonstrable knowledge of the FM market in London and the UK. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the procurement, subcontracts management and claim management in the FM sector.
You will be responsible for the overall delivery of all subcontract management activities for the assigned customer projects and will accountable for its implementation, efficient performance and ultimate successful delivery to the customer.
The role will require frequent and close engagement of the FMI supply chain to ensure that FM Subcontracts are delivered in accordance with agreed process, cost and performance management requirements.
Key responsibilities and Tasks:
• The successful candidate will manage and be accountable for the overall performance of the FM Supply chain.
• Engage and communicate efficiently with internal stakeholders within FMI as necessary.
• Manage the mobilisation, transition, schedule and subsequent delivery and performance of FM suppliers.
• Offer commercial guidance to the internal FMI Service Delivery teams in relation to contract obligations of the subcontractors.
• Act as the single point of contact for commercial escalations for supplier performance issues.
• Reviewing the expenditure for the assigned subcontracts and negotiating bespoke rates with suppliers as necessary to drive value for our customers.
• Coordinate and manage all change control for suppliers within a specified customer project
• Lead Supplier Relationship Management activities with key suppliers within a specified customer project.
• Lead supplier development initiatives to improve the performance of the FMI supply chain.
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following key responsibility areas:
• Managing all assigned subcontracts
• Delivering post award value for money and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain and service delivery teams
• Working with clients in a collaborative manner whilst providing robust advice
• Negotiating rates, when required, and exploring gain-share mechanism with suppliers
Required skills and qualifications:
• Degree educated
• A demonstrable experience equivalent to 5 years' experience managing FM subcontract management
• Commercial acumen and the ability to manage issues to resolution in a timely manner
• Exceptional communication, presentation and reporting skills