Would you like to join an organisation that is truly committed to developing its employees? Would you like play a key role in an organisation that is seen to be the benchmark across their peers?
You have a fantastic opportunity to join this Central Government Authority with an annual budget in excess of £2Bn. As Assistant Commercial Officer you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the Procurement function. Working closely with both internal and external stakeholders you will to offer ongoing administrative support whilst taking ownership of a number of essential contracts.
• Research, analysis and compiling of information to present to team with clear action points
• Commercial lead on low value, low risk contracts to drive efficiency within suppliers.
• Provide administrative to support where required to the wider team
• Advise on commercial policies and procedures
• Experience of working in a team, managing conflicting demands and working to tight timescales
• Experience of influencing key customers and clients
• Experience of interpreting and presenting data in appropriate and digestible format.
• Proficiency with Microsoft suite including excel and word
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to start a career in procurement with an organisation that will invest both time and money in your career.
In return you will receive a base salary of C. £22,500 plus a fantastic benefits package including a dedicated development plan and pension. Please feel free to call James Weaver 0121 272 8260 to discuss this role in detail or apply now.