Are you an experienced and successful Senior Buyer from a Pharmaceutical background? If so you will have the ability to join a forward thinking Pharmaceutical manufacturer and be the driver for change in a role where you will meet with clients and shape your department.
The main responsibilities include:
• Deploying purchasing strategies for the categories under management;
• Execute all of the required operational activities related with procurement and management of materials and services required for the company, according with the defined policies;
• Manage suppliers' relationship (operational level), establishing sustainable and reliable partnerships, according to the supplier segmentation established, you will also do this with the ability to client face.
• be able to negotiate the best purchasing terms and conditions according to the Purchasing Policy of the Company.
• Liaise with other global sites to ensure the right level of spend is captured and consolidated, and economies of scale attained, thereby leveraging the company's global buying power;
• Perform regular market analysis and benchmarking to ensure the continuous improvement in both cost and quality;
• Enhance the level of service for new projects in terms of speed to market and cost;
• Improve right first time quality, promote external and internal efficiencies;
• Enable new businesses, develop and promote frequent make vs. buy analysis and trigger innovation from the supplier base.
Main requirements that you must be able to demonstrate:
• Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related / professional experience.
• Fluent in English and knowledge of Portuguese and Chinese is a plus
• Willing to travel
• Good knowledge of the Chinese pharmaceuticals market culture and ability to speak the market language (preferred)
• Pharmaceutical Sourcing and Procurement experience (preferred)
• GMP/HSE operational experience at pharmaceutical manufacturing organization (preferred)
• Preferably have certified auditing experience (e.g. ISO, ICHQ7)
• Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills, easily adapted to multi-cultural environments.
• Autonomy, dynamism, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure in simultaneous multi projects
• Good organisation, precision and responsibility
• Good analytical and negotiation skills
• Good sense of team work
• Ability to continuously challenge the status quo, develop new concepts and break "change management barriers"
The role is offering a salary between €45,000 - €50,000 plus bonus and employee benefits. It is a role where as stated above, you will have the ability to challenge management and deliver change.
To apply for this role please do contact Greg Kneuss on 0121 272 8260