Strategic Purchasing Director
Salary: €90000 - €120000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103514
Are you an experienced and tactically aware Strategic Purchasing Manager, from within the Pharmaceutical or Fine Chemical sectors?
This is a Strategic Purchasing Director role to work for a truly Global business who offer services within the Pharmaceutical sector. This company are offering an opportunity to work within their Portuguese Head Office or within their offices in Hong Kong or Shang Hai.
It is a role of significant importance as you will be responsible for driving change and completing crucial projects with new and existing suppliers.
To be successful within this role you must meet the following requirements:
• Academic background in Chemistry (organic chemistry preferred), MBA or PhD are a plus
• +10 years of industrial experience or consultancy in fine chemicals/pharmaceutical companies
• Previous experience in international sourcing and procurement projects or alternatively cross-functional experience in areas such as R&D, Analytical Chemistry, Project Management and Quality
• Strong business/commercial acumen and capable to develop strategic relationships
• Ability to lead global projects and resources, excellent communicator and driving change
• Fluent in English, other languages a plus
• Previous experience with Qualification IT tools and SAP a plus
The role will involve the following roles & responsibilities (R&R)
• You will develop and deploy appropriated purchasing strategies for the categories assigned to ensure continuity of supply, increase productivity, reduced costs, right quality levels and regulatory & legal compliance.
• You will be needed to develop strong supplier relationships by establishing open communication, assessing performance, building awareness, focus on value creation and promoting collaborative activities.
• You will lead and coach your direct reports, key stakeholders and peers to gain important insights of business, market conditions and the competitive landscape with the aim to leverage global markets and differentiated sourcing strategies.
• You must be able to share, communicate and engage key stakeholders in the implementation of the Purchasing strategy throughout the company. Manage collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to communicate, gain feedback, and obtain support of the Strategic Plan.
• You will be developing and implementing best practices for supplier segmentation, category management, price management, cost modelling, risk mitigation, innovation, contract management, tax management, profit enhancement and supplier quality that will generate an important competitive advantage.
• Building and maintaining a direct supervision team, which consistently succeeds in providing operational excellence, outstanding customer service and value.
• Assigning and managing resources and follow-up on project execution to ensure project and operations activities flawless and efficiency
The company will offer you an unprecedented career progression plan and the ability to be a real driver for change. You will be rewarded with an annual salary ranging between €100,000 - €120,000 p.a. plus a company car and a 16% bonus
To apply for this role please do contact Greg Kneuss on 0121 272 8260