Salary: £50000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103501
Do you have public sector procurement experience? Are you seeking a new challenging opportunity?
Our client are currently undergoing a long term strategic procurement change management programme for which they require an experienced Procurement Manager to support in the delivery of project milestones.
You will have responsibility for providing advice about strategic and operational issues on all procurement aspects within the organisation. You will use your knowledge and experience combined with analytical and problem-solving skills to identify solutions and to add value.
You will have a varied role from both an operational perspective in terms of developing bids and supplier negotiations through to working strategically with senior stakeholders within the business to provide procurement advice including on OJEU legislation.
You will be responsible for a broad range of categories including key spend focus on Social Care, FM, Transport, ICT and Waste.
Skills and Experience:
• A degree or equivalent relevant professional qualification
• A minimum of 5 - 10 years related experience to public sector procurement
• Strong skills with most Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint)
• Change management skills
• Business understanding / commercial awareness
• Ownership, management and delivery of solutions
• Project delivery and risk management
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Creative and analytical thinking
• Ability to work independently
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business where you will be part of a project team tasked with delivering significant value.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to get in touch with Adam at Procurement People to discuss your application in more detail.