Would you like to work for a respected and ambitious organisation? With clear growth plans, you have the opportunity to shape and expand the influence of the procurement function and deliver tangible results.
Based from their office in Buckinghamshire, as part of a growing function you will take on the role of Category Manager to focus primarily on hard FM, repairs and maintenance within an established Housing Association. You will be proactive in building the profile of procurement across the division by working closely with stakeholders and managing expectations on both sides. The organisation is well respected by their suppliers for being true to their word and swift payers and this has been a key attribute to the success of the business so far.
Overall Purpose of role:
• Engage with stakeholders and challenge to imbed new ideas and ways of working.
• Demonstrate the added value procurement can deliver.
• Tackle issues head on to provide workable solutions.
• Negotiate with suppliers to achieve mutually beneficial results.
• Deliver results and savings for the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
• Able to demonstrate tangible results.
• Ambition to improve and progress within the organisation.
• Able to build relationships but be resilient and persistent when required.
• Strong negotiation skills, able to make deals happen.
• Able to work autonomously having managed a category previously as either a Category Manager or Senior Buyer.
• Any previous experience or knowledge of hard FM, repairs, maintenance or OJEU would be great but not essential.
This is an opportunity to take ownership and accountability in a commercially driven team where your efforts will deliver results and savings for the team and stakeholders. You will be rewarded with an annual salary of circa £45,000 plus benefits.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to call Philip While to discuss your application in more detail.