Salary: £45000 - £52000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103495
Subcontract Buyer - Construction
£45,000 – £52,000 + Car / Car allowance (£6,000) + Pension + Health
Are you an experienced Subcontract Buyer, with a strong background in the Construction industry?
Do you want the opportunity to support group procurement strategy as a dynamic team player with a ‘can do' attitude?
This is the opportunity to join a regional main building contractor who has a reputation in delivering high quality schemes ranging from £500k to £25M. The company carry out work across all sectors; however, their reputation is strong in the sectors of Student Accommodation, Fit out, Leisure, Education, Commercial & Retail.
• You will be required to manage the procurement process of multiple projects through: tender process to construction and successful completion.
• You will be responsible for leading the development and negotiation of sub-contract works packages, contract preparation, specification writing and procurement services for multiple projects.
• Working in consultation with the pre and post-contract project management team to develop and implement the project procurement strategy
• Analysis of quotations, lead negotiations with prospective Sub-Contractors, managing pre & post tender interviews, to develop robust, commercially competitive Sub-Contract package bids from key supply chain members.
• Placing of Sub-Contracts and management of the subcontract execution process.
• Monitoring and reporting of procurement results against budget
• Compiling subcontract tender enquiries and managing the tender process
• Analysing subcontractor tenders for compliance with the enquiry, creating and analysing cost comparisons and providing appointment recommendations
• Managing pre-order meetings
• Assembling and issuing subcontract documentation
• Providing subcontract procurement support for multiple projects at varying stages
• Managing procurement for multiple sites
• Define individual work package strategies and appropriate sourcing route
• Strong negotiation and communication skills are prerequisite
• An ability to factor in both project level and sector level considerations when determining the best value procurement strategy
• An understanding of construction, engineering & civils processes and industry related procurement procedures is a pre-requisite of the role, and a good understanding of standard construction forms of contract will be a distinct advantage
• Willingness to lead by example, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met
• Able to read and interpret building drawings and specifications
• Experience of working within the following sectors would be advantageous (Rail, Material Handling, Power, Civil Engineering, Construction)
To discuss this role in more detail, please get in touch with Chris Bradley at Procurement People