Are you currently working in public sector procurement or looking to make the change over from the private sector? Are you in a role where you are helping to develop an organisations procurement strategy for Estates Procurement and are now looking to add value to a procurement transformation piece in a brand new team where you can really influence and make a mark?
Procurement People are working with an organisation in the Surrey area who are looking to add a Senior Category Manager for Estates to their procurement team to support the Head of Procurement in the delivery of their first ever strategic sourcing strategy. Within the role you will cover the full scope of the category including capital and works. Estates spend is one of the biggest for the institution and has untapped potential to make major savings and a difference. You will also have the opportunity work on and shape big capital projects within the category.
Key responsibilities this person will have are…
• Implementation, and continuous improvement of new category management approach and supporting the Head of Procurement in meeting key procurement needs
• Identifying key Estates category management priorities in respect of savings and continuous improvement
• Ensuring procurement complies with financial regulations and the Public Contracts Regulations
• Briefing the Head of Procurement on any project risks or key issues arising from category management implementation and tender exercises
• Delivering value for money and savings targets, and proactive forward planning for implementation and achievement of targets
As the successful Senior Category Manager you will have/be…
• MCIPS Qualified or prepared to study to gain the qualification
• Degree Qualified
• Full category management exposure to the Estates category
• Understanding and experience of specification creation – needing to be a problem solver and ability to guide and advise Head of Procurement & C-Suite on Estates and FM specialist subject
• Ability to see the bigger picture and wider benefit to the organisation
• Strong Stakeholder engagement skills with internal and external customers
• Particular experience in working on capital & works and major projects
• Public Sector OJEU regulation and contract experience desirable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation full of opportunity. You will be rewarded with a salary of £45,000-£60,000 per annum plus benefits package.
Don't miss out on this great role. If you are an experienced estates and FM procurement professional with the relevant experience above then please apply with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Jackson on 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.