Are you a currently working in a Public Sector Procurement role where you are supporting an organisations commercial function? Procurement People are working with an organisation in the West Midlands area who are looking to add a Senior Commercial Officer to their procurement team to support them on major projects including electrical and engineering observing OJEU regulations.
This role will be very varied in terms of your day to day tasks and also the types services and materials that you source. In the role you will ensure the purchasing and contract management requirements are delivered with keeping price and quality in mind.
Key responsibilities this person will have are…
• Supporting the commercial manager on wide range of sourcing projects with values from £2m-£600m per annum
• In supporting the commercial manager you will develop procurement strategy giving the organization a commercial advantage
• Contract Management, this will be full cradle to grave execution on contracts for said projects where you will be working with a range of contracts including NEC
• Within developing contracts with suppliers you will be expected to measure and minimize the commercial risk to the organisation.
As the successful Senior Commercial Officer you will have/be…
• Degree Qualified
• MCIPS Qualified – Desirable
• Conversant in OJEU rules and regulations would be preferable
• Experience of the contract management lifecycle from development right through to contract award
• Experience with the NEC suite of contracts would help in this role
• Stakeholder Engagement skills, a people person who can work with a variety of customers both internally and externally
• Long term Supplier Relationship Management skills
• You should ideally be a problem solver/strategic thinker
• IT literate with Microsoft Office package such as Excel
• Highly organised and driven by deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation full of opportunity. You will be rewarded with a salary of £30,000-£34,000 per annum plus benefits.
Don't miss out on this great role. If you are an experienced procurement professional with the relevant experience above then please apply with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Jackson on 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.