Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work as a Head of Procurement, driving Procurement activity with a major FM business? The key challenge is to ensure that the business' procurement activity is wholly aligned with the needs of the business and its client base and to monitor, motivate and manage the team to deliver excellent solutions.
You will be responsible for continuously improving the business' procurement strategy; ensuring the best use of available resources; and to deliver innovative and progressive solutions which result in service excellence.
You will report to the Managing Director and will manage a small team of Procurement Professionals.
• Development and implementation of a consistent and co-ordinated contract management policy.
• Management of the audit process for procurement, ensuring audit trail is in place for all projects.
• Acting as a champion for the procurement function; communicating the procurement strategy, objectives, issues and procedures throughout the organisation.
• To set and manage the workflow for the procurement team.
• To design and implement change programs to improve the performance of the procurement function.
• To create and continuously improve procurement based documentation (RFI's, RFP's etc).
• To negotiate with contractors to achieve best value.
• Sound analytical skills and understanding of management information and the ability to evaluate and assess financial data to inform purchasing decisions.
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and interests, reconciling different priorities, achieving co-operation and building relationships.
• Experience within the Property/FM Category either as a sole focus or as part of wider category remit.
• Experience of hard, soft and refrigeration services and associated contracts/procurement methods.
• Demonstrable and referenced stakeholder engagement skills in a collaborative environment.
• Commercially astute within context to the wider business with excellent negotiation techniques.
• Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Experience of strategy implementation or of a change management environment.
• Experience of managing people and promoting change or influencing the behaviour and actions of other teams.
• Evidence of commitment to continuous professional development.
• Experience of managing RFI and RFP processes.
• Degree qualified
• Qualified or studying CIPS Professional Graduate Diploma (MCIPS) or equivalent.