Interim Category Manager – IT & Professional Services
(2-3 month contract)
£400 - £500 per day
Are you an immediately available procurement professional, looking to join a major UK organisation? Do you have solid experience across a number of commercial organisations, with a track record of delivering successful outcomes in the most challenging of environments? Are you a self-starter who can work independently but is responsive to positive challenge and guidance?
Due to the duration of this role you will need to be flexible as you will be picking up some ‘inflight' projects and starting some new ones.
• Maintaining professional working relationships with key stakeholders from across the business
• Providing spend analytics for the stakeholder group to support category strategy recommendations.
• Proactively identifying, scoping, developing and delivering commercial procurement opportunities by working collaboratively with business stakeholders.
• Delivering against a formal savings/value target.
• Leading and prioritising sourcing (tender, negotiation, consolidation, etc.) activities to maximise the benefits to the business.
• Leading and prioritising vendor management (SRM, contract reviews, performance management) activities to maximise the benefits to the business.
• Contributing positively to the professionalism and credibility of the function to increase engagement on high value activities.
• Leading contractual negotiations (T&C's) to reduce contractual and commercial risks.
• Supporting the company's Supply Chain Charter by working to identify and deliver sustainable outcomes.
• Previously held Category Manager positions for Professional Services and IT
• Extensive procurement experience in commercial environments.
• Skilled communicator. Can demonstrate very strong/refined stakeholder engagement and influencing skills.
• Understanding how to drive corporate sustainability targets through supplier chains.
• Strong data interrogation and analytical skills.
• MCIPS qualified
• Project management skills, in order to support the facilitation of driving sourcing projects forward
• Good understanding of the property sector is highly desirable.