Do you have experience sourcing fabrication and aluminium extrusion internationally? You have the opportunity to work for a long standing business who has had record profit in the last two years. The company are now looking for an International Buyer to be responsible for identifying overseas suppliers and sourcing product and materials for the company's complete product range.
Your duties will include:
• Identifying overseas sources and working closely with colleagues to ensure continuous supply with existing UK suppliers.
• Negotiating with suppliers with a focus on cost, quality and lead time.
• Make sure that purchases are made in the most effective way, whilst monitoring stocks levels to ensure this does not affect sales.
• Benchmark against alternative suppliers to avoid any single source situations.
• Ensure all orders are planned taking in to account shipping and import procedures.
• Monitor the currency exchange rates and the effect it will have on all purchases at any given time.
• Travel overseas to audit and negotiate with foreign suppliers.
As a successful Buyer you will have experience in the following:
• International buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Be able to give clear examples of where you have sourced suppliers internationally and added value to an existing procurement function.
• Candidates with experience in heavy engineering products such a metal fabrication and aluminium will be at a distinct advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company that keep going from strength to strength. You will be rewarded with an annual salary between £40,000 - £50,000 p.a. dependant on experience with benefits such as pension and annual profit share bonus.
This is an opportunity not to be missed. If you are an experienced Buyer, with relevant experience outlined above, then please apply online today with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Greg Kneuss 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.