Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103444
£28,000 - £32,000
Are you an ambitious Buyer, looking to take the next step in your procurement career? Do you have experience of project based purchasing, within an engineering or manufacturing environment? As Project Buyer, you will be responsible for the Supply Chain for Projects within waste management and decommissioning and defence. Management of Supply Chain budget for each supplier within each Project.
This is a key member of the integrated team, you will be updating project plans with Procurement inputs, working closely with the Project team to ensure successful project delivery. You will identify VFM opportunities, negotiate favourable terms with suppliers and manage through contract lifecycle.
• Support strategic purchasing plans, ensuring supplier expectations are clearly defined and suppliers are committed to achieving objectives in the areas of Quality, Cost Competitiveness (total delivered cost) and Delivery
• Identify critical/safety related long lead items, determine and ensure sufficient early supplier engagement to minimise downstream risks and recommend appropriate sub-contracting strategy where appropriate.
• Monitor and review the trending of TQ's/Quality Documentation on a weekly basis to verify close out of queries/documentation requirements
• Identify and realise areas for cost downs to budget and lead time
• Accurate placement of PO's with associated flow downs terms
• Conduct market analysis and liaise with Supplier Management for new supplier introduction
• Minimum of 3 years in a purchasing position.
• Preferably worked in an Engineering environment
• Diplomatic communication skills when interacting with various departments
• An understanding of Engineering Drawings
• Ability to liaise and co-operate with other departments
• IT Literate
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People