Head of Contract Management
Salary: £55000 - £69500 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103433
Are you a public sector procurement professional who focuses on Contract Management? Then get in touch I am recruiting for a Head of Contract Management position which will be a brand new role to be part of a brand new commercial team. You will have the ability to make change and shape the future in how the organisation grows and works in the future. In the role you will lead the planning, implementation and delivery of contracts for the organisations main supply base. For this role you will also be responsible for managing any changes throughout the contract lifecycle.
Key responsibilities this person will have are…
• Leading commercial and contracts management staff, taking responsibility for the delivery of contracts management.
• Assume a leadership role with the continued development of the Commercial Team that will manage the delivery of the Programme.
• Identify and manage the risks agreed between the parties and contained within an agreement.
• Engage with a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring their continued involvement and support for the contract management activity is maintained.
• Assist with concluding procurement actions and managing negotiations with suppliers and other stakeholders.
• Provide current and relevant advice on the latest developments in public sector contracts and commercial management
• Work with others to ensure that delivery of the contracts under their control is managed in an effective manner within the agreed constraints, managing change and any conflict that may arise.
As the successful Head of Contract Management you will have/be…
• MBA Qualification (Desirable)
• MCIPS Qualified (Essential, unless prepared to study once in role)
• Degree Qualified (Essential)
• Ability to work comfortably and consistently at high levels in a pressurised, challenging programme environment.
• Manage commercial change control, reducing the risks of challenges, protests or disputes arising.
• Have strong understanding of contract terms and conditions, across a range of contract solutions, in order to ensure that risks are managed and mitigated accordingly.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, using commercial writing and persuasive skills in order to devise, amend and obtain relevant approval for key commercial documents; whilst providing a high level of all round professionalism.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that is looking to further develop contract management for a large scale programme, you can join them and lead this journey from the front. You will be rewarded with a salary of £55,000-£69,500 per annum plus benefits.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. If you are an experienced procurement professional with the relevant experience above then please apply with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Jackson on 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.