Salary: £28000 - £30000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103431
Are you an Operational Buyer looking to work in a supportive environment? You have the opportunity to work in a relatively new procurement function with a strong team around you. Due to an internal promotion the organisation are looking for a Buyer to support the stakeholders in their requests for spend and make recommendations where a better procurement solution can be identified.
Reporting to the Operational Procurement Manager you will be consistent in completing the following duties:
• You will review buying trends, procurement levers and sourcing options to add value to the procurement function.
• Implement or work in conjunction with the Category Management to implement the value added sourcing changes.
• Review, Process and approve requisitions on the P2P system.
• Lead, drive and manage transactional buying and tactical savings programmes.
• Provide sourcing expertise and advice to stakeholders.
• Lead the continuous improvement and performance in the programme, invoicing, contract consolidation and online catalogue development.
• End user support for the users of the P2P system and assist colleagues with procurement related queries.
• Resolve purchase order, invoicing and payment issues.
As a successful Operational Buyer you will have experience in the following:
• Transactional buying and purchase order processing.
• Experience of processing orders on ERP systems.
• Internal customer relationships.
• Project Management.
• Stakeholder management.
• Computer literate with good knowledge of Excel.
You will have good communication, analytical and data manipulation skills. You will be a self-starter, proactive, well organised and have the ability to work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a growing team who are fully focussed on adding value to their procurement function. You will be rewarded with an annual salary of £31,476 p.a. plus employee benefits.
This is an opportunity not to be missed. If you are an experienced Buyer, with relevant experience outlined above, then please apply online today with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Greg Kneuss 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.