Category Manager - IT
Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103427
Location: London HQ, with 1-2 days travel around home counties
Salary: Circa £50,000 - £70,000 plus excellent benefits, may be negotiable subject to experience
Would you like to join a rapidly growing management consultancy specialising in procurement, cost reduction and business transformation? We are currently seeking a highly motivated, client focused Procurement Specialist to help shape the future of the business.
You will lead the whole lifecycle of client projects and work in support of Senior Managers and Directors in the implementation of the wider strategy of the business, including key client accounts.
Candidates should have strong IT procurement experience along with excellent stakeholder engagement and project management skills. This is a rapidly growing business seeking ambitious individuals motivated by excellent career progression potential. The role will require travel to client site a couple of days a week but typically this will be in and around the London area.
• Formulate, lead and manage cross-functional teams to achieve cost reduction targets whilst ensuring supply reliability and satisfying business requirements
• Responsible for the delivery of multiple projects (across various categories of spend)
• Manage the end-to-end procurement process
• Monitor and manage supplier performance using Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) techniques
• Negotiate contracts and supporting SLA's/KPI's
• Create and deliver client status reports and presentations up to board level
Skills and Experience:
• A minimum of 4-6 years procurement or relevant consultancy experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Proven track record of successfully delivering sustainable cost savings
• Ability to analyse data, distil information and identify key outputs and recommendations
• Strong collaborator and influencer including ability to understand clients' needs and sell in new ideas and approaches
• Project management experience, including successfully managing and executing multiple work-streams
• Comprehensive contract knowledge and the ability to work with legal stakeholders to effectively manage risk within the implementation of supplier agreements
• Experience in leading negotiations, including understanding compromises between strategic and financial drivers and contractual requirements
• Strong work ethic and results focused, consistently delivering in a fast paced environment
• A team player that thrives whilst working with others but is comfortable completing individual tasks
• Ability to demonstrate change management skills
• Degree or similar professional qualification
• Strong MS Office Skills – including Excel and PowerPoint
This is an exciting role in a dynamic consultancy that will challenge, develop and engage the right person.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to call Adam to discuss your application in more detail.