Salary: £35000 - £38000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103424
Are you a Buyer or Purchasing professional with experience in the manufacturing or engineering industry particularly working in the sourcing of precision parts? Procurement People are proud to be working a with a business who are leading change in the clean electronics sector within engineering. This ambitious business who are growing and need to add an experienced procurement professional to their successful team.
The successful candidate will help to develop and implement day to day procurement processes and will develop strategy for the sourcing of a range of direct materials keeping in mind the core components of price and quality with the wider needs of the business dealing with various stakeholders internally and externally.
Key responsibilities this person will have are…
• Forming strong relationships with Suppliers
• Raising purchase orders
• Achieving optimum price whilst maintaining quality
• Read technical drawings to make sure supplied parts meet required Bill of Materials
• Checking purchase orders
• Managing and Maintaining Procurement list with pin-point accuracy; updating all fields as required
• Utilising list to highlight key items that need to be purchased to remain within schedule for various Projects
As the successful Procurement Lead you will have/be…
• Engineering Background/ Degree in related discipline
• 5-6 yrs Strong Procurement Experience
• Understand engineering drawings
• Strong commercial negotiation skills
• Confident at negotiating prices
• Comfortable with dealing with suppliers, both face to face and by telephone
• Confident with problem solving
• Resourceful when researching new suppliers and alternate solutions
• Highly Organised with all aspects of work
• Good with timekeeping and working to tight deadlines
• Happy to travel outside of Europe when required
• Happy to support the sales team
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Enjoys a varied work role
• Has strong work ethic
• Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility
• Acts as a Team Player
• Confident to work autonomously
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation when your career can grow simultaneously as they do. You will be rewarded with a salary of £35,000-£38,000 per annum.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. If you are an experienced procurement professional with the relevant experience above then please apply with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Jackson on 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.