Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Corporate Services)
Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103421
Would you like to work for a leading global investment company with offices in 28 countries? Procurement People have been engaged to source a Strategic Sourcing Specialist to be responsible for the execution of sourcing strategies to achieve the best total value for our client's organisation.
You will actively negotiate vendor contracts to ensure best pricing and contracted terms, ultimately mitigating risk to the firm and ensuring the organisation is engaged in optimal vendor relationships. This role will primarily handle purchasing responsibilities of a more technical and specialised nature in addition to some high volume, tactical and commodity level purchases. The role will also require the management and oversight of some vendors in order to manage performance expectations and mitigate external risk.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will support various internal departments (Information Technology, Marketing, HR, Facilities, etc.) in addition to being a part of the Strategic Sourcing team supporting the entire procurement of goods and services across the firm.
• Must be familiar with terminology, concepts, and processes related to strategic sourcing and contract management including:
o Vendor research and analysis
o Competitive Bidding Process (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.)
o Contract negotiation (strong understanding of key commercial terms contained within a contract as well as some familiarity with legal terms)
• Ability to manage several projects at once
• Management of vendor and contract lifecycle as needed to ensure contracted terms are being met
• Execute and provide spend analytics to key internal clients allowing them to manage their vendor base and budgets
• Assist with maintaining, evaluating and developing new potential suppliers and vendor relationships
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree
• MCIPS (or studying towards) preferred
• 3-5 years in purchasing, vendor management, supply chain management or finance experience
• Ideally 1-2 years of analytics work experience, preferably in spend analytics and data management
• Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Industry experience of Financial Services or other Professional Services preferred
• Highly self-motivated
• Thrives in an environment with multiple, changing priorities that require exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, and that require tight deadlines
• Effective negotiating skills – both purchase and contract terms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable interacting and building relationships with individuals at all levels of the company
This is a great opportunity to join a leading global organisation going through exciting periods of growth. You will be offered a varied and challenging role with high demands but high reward.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to call Adam to discuss your application in more detail.