Are you looking to join a continually evolving team, giving you the chance to advance and improve your skills? Are you looking for a new position with the opportunity to influence the Procurement strategy of a major organisation? Do you have experience managing a range of tenders and influencing internal stakeholders across large organisations?
Reporting into a Category Manager, the Senior Buyer is responsible for strategic procurement operations within the aligned business area. This will involve engaging and building strong and established working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring we understand the supply chains.
• Deliver multiple strategic sourcing events within portfolio, working with stakeholders to understand and challenge demand.
• Development and execution of sourcing strategy and execute standardised strategic sourcing processes from market engagement through to award, ensuring goods / services are procured in a best-in-class manner that drives value.
• Work with Contract Managers to ensure the successful delivery of contracted activities, identifying continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders, and maximizing value for money from contracts awarded.
• Role model excellence in procurement standards, taking a proactive role in mentoring / providing guidance others in the team.
• Profile category characteristics and research supply markets, suppliers and assess trends, opportunities and risks feeding insights into the Global teams.
• Delivering value by effectively managing tender events for key products.
• Scope and develops regional contractual agreements that meet the customer stakeholder requirements and expectations.
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know-How
• Significant experience of strategic sourcing and category management
• An understanding of project management principles and ideally evidence of managing multiple projects and consistently delivering outstanding results.
• Ability to prepare for and to lead negotiations.
• Ability to build and manage complex commercial assessment models.
• Experience of contract development, including the ability to make recommendations and amendments to existing contracts as well as drafting new ones.