Procurement Manager (Capital/Construction) in Manchester
Procurement Manager (Capital/Construction)
£45000 - £53000 per annum
Do you have previous procurement experience within Construction or Capital projects? Have you experience of OJEU and/or NEC3 contracts?
Then we have an exciting opportunity to join the Capital Procurement team of this major UK organisation to lead on the sourcing of critically important infrastructure projects, influencing senior stakeholders, driving innovation into projects and to drive out costs for reinvestment in future projects.
You will have experience in Construction procurement with a commensurate level of contractual knowledge (ideally NEC3). You will have the ability to influence and communicate effectively to a range of audiences in order to sell your view of how the market should be approached in order to drive the optimum value for Transport for Greater Manchester.
• Lead procurement activity including all tendering activity through to final commercial arrangement and contract and Framework sign off. Projects will be a range of values including a number of Multi million pound projects
• Creatively identify and deliver a broad spectrum of significant savings and service improvements
• Provide sufficient challenge to existing procurement routes to ensure best value attained at all times
• Develop and review significant and complex tender documents and responses in line with current EU regulations
• Analyse and assess tender responses to deliver the best value option whilst minimising risk, ensure best commercial offer and deliver on-going strong contract management
• Develop sourcing strategy documents, including supplier recommendations for presentation to the executive Group/Board and Strategic Procurement Group
• Work with key suppliers to deliver value and ensure continuous improvement throughout the life of the contract
Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of current EU procurement regulations
• Experience of supplier management, building relationships for success and supplier development programmes
• Skilled in sourcing practices including e-procurement
• Strong Knowledge of procurement principles, concepts and techniques, including tender documents
• MCIPS qualified or willingness to work towards MCIPS (Desirable)
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a subject containing analytical content, or sufficient demonstrated experience within the relevant subject matter
• IT literate with standard Microsoft desktop tools, and aware of e-Procurement principles and tools
This is a busy and exciting time for our client who will be continuing to grow and work on several major multi-million pound infrastructure projects.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, with the relevant experience outlined above, please apply online today with your CV and supporting cover letter. Feel free to call Adam to discuss your application in more detail.