Are you a senior procurement professional or category leader working in the Travel category looking to take a leadership step in your career?
Procurement People are proud to be working with a leisure industry leader that are looking to add a Head of Travel Procurement and Planning for the EMEA region to their senior management team which will mean you will have full ownership and control of the travel procurement category and team. If you are looking for a role which is all about strategy development and alignment to wider business needs to create commercial opportunity and improvement then this could be the role for you.
Responsibilities you will have include:
• Creating new strategies to manage travel suppliers across EMEA for services such as Air, Hotels, Transfers and other ancillary services
• Forecasting of transportation & lodging in the P&L
• Proactively managing and nurturing travel supplier relationships at all levels
• Strong negotiator and buyer to target pricing components from suppliers maximising earning opportunities where possible for the business
• Possess deep knowledge of Travel product regulations by market and associations (including IATA, ATOL and ABTA)
• Leading and owning the development and implementation of a clear and robust supplier evaluation process
• Providing thought leadership to local market planning and operational teams to promote a best practice sharing culture so processes can be optimised across the region
• Representing the company at various industry events
As the successful Head of Travel Procurement & Planning you will have…
• Experience of Travel Procurement Category is a must
• Degree Qualified
• CIPS or Master's Degree (Desirable)
• Advanced user MS Office software particularly Excel
• Experience of Project Management
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills with professionals of all levels
• Be results orientated
• Have an analytical mind which allows you to be a creative and resourceful problem solver
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leading business in the leisure industry to help continue building upon their success and make further improvements. You will be rewarded with a salary of £65,000-£75,000 per annum plus a benefits scheme including performance based bonus and other flexible benefits.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. If you are an experienced travel procurement professional with the relevant experience above then please apply with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Jackson on 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.