Are you an Buyer with huge potential? Are you looking for a new position with the opportunity to influence the Procurement strategy of a major local organisation that has been in business for over 170 years? Do you have experience managing a range of tenders and influencing internal stakeholders across organisations?
• Running regular supplier and contract performance reviews, based on feedback from suppliers, business stakeholders and supply chain data
• Use leading practice procurement tools and methodologies to develop and implement the sourcing strategies
• Focus on the sourcing, evaluation and negotiation of goods and services contracts and agreements of strategic importance to the business
• Manage and develop supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality - lead the commercial and contractual interaction with Category suppliers
• Working with internal customers to provide a "best in class" central procurement service to the business
• Assist in development and implementation of Commercial Management Best Practice
• Ensuring compliance with relevant EU and UK regulations, legislation and procurement law
• Liaise with Supply Chain Analyst to develop, implement and report a suite of category KPIs
• Prepare, issue and evaluate pre-qualification and tender documents.
• Provide support in contract drafting and negotiation of Terms and Conditions.
• Negotiation of new contracts and agreements
• Experience in a Procurement or Supply Chain Management role, ideally within a regulated environment (e.g. public sector or utilities).
• A strong commercial and strategic mind-set; understanding the role of Procurement in delivering corporate goals and managing risk
• Proven strong negotiation and client / supply chain management experience; managing cost and value drivers effectively
• Good stakeholder management skills with a proven ability to communicate, support and challenge people across different business functions, backgrounds and all levels of seniority
• Experience delivering efficiency / cost savings / value for money within a supply chain management function
• A good working knowledge of relevant EU directives (Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016) Experience relevant to the sourcing category (Goods and Services or Capital)
• Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP preferable)
• SRM Sourcing and e-procurement tools (e.g. Achilles, OJEU)
• Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent level of experience
• MCIPS qualified or studying towards
If you are an experienced Procurement professional looking to take the next step in your career, please apply online today with a copy of your CV, or contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People.