Are you a hands on Purchasing Manager? Are you someone that likes to get 'stuck in', looking to be part of a growing SME? Do you have procurement experience sourcing wood, timber, building materials or garden products?
What will you be responsible for?
• Responsible for the development and performance of the purchasing strategy
• Working closely with MD and Sales & Marketing Director
• Managing the stock procurement for our entire branch network
• Working closely with suppliers and distributors, and the internal team to ensure the highest product quality and service levels, whilst inflation remains within the annual target
• Ensure the business has the appropriate stock levels at all times, to the quality it needs it and bought at the best price
• Ensure that 95% of our core available range in available at all times in branch.
• Support and deliver an excellent purchasing service for Branches to ensure they can deliver excellent customer service consistently at all times.
Who are we looking for?
• Experience in a similar role, in a similar industry
• An excellent role model for company values and ways of working
• Able to inspire and motivate others
• A positive mindset with a 'can do' and flexible attitude
• Strong commercial acumen and customer focused
• Strong problem solver and comfortable with ambiguity
• Excellent communicator, able to build relationships at all levels internally and externally
• Ability to influence, engage & coach others
• Drive for continuous improvement; be an advocate for positive change and improvement within the business
• Attention to Detail: Comfortable with close attention to detail, ensuring a high quality of work when managing supplier specifications, product listings, forecasting and pricing.
If you are an experienced Procurement professional looking to take the next step in your career, please apply online today with a copy of your CV, or contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People.