Are you a Stock Controller, looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have the ability to work with suppliers, making sure SLAs are hit? Are you experienced in managing seasonal trends, managing multiple lines and negotiating best terms?
• Maintain accurate records on inventory and stock management systems
• Ensure management of optimum stock levels
• Develop inventory control models that promote lower cost of sales, shorter lead times, and reduced stock levels.
• Ensure purchase inventory is within the specified budget
• Agree and manage a range of key stock control metrics to include the monthly stock budget and impact on cash flow, First Time Order Fill (FTOF), stock turnover, shipping lead times and slow moving and obsolete stock,
• Responsible for the cost effective sale or disposal of slow moving or dead stock.
• Develop close working relationships with both UK and international suppliers and work with the Head of Supply Chain to agree purchase agreements with suppliers.
• In conjunction with Sales and Marketing to agree volume related purchase discounts to support bulk purchase of lines for special promotions.
• Work closely with sales and marketing colleagues to understand forward levels of stock and new titles to ensure optimum availability.
• Agree with Sales and Marketing colleagues the planned promotions and relevant items to be ordered and special promotions agreed with suppliers.
• Make shipping mode decisions (air Vs sea) to manage optimum sales and costs.
• Engage in forecasting supply and demand to develop data to improve the continuity of the Supply Chain
• Work with colleagues in IT to ensure continuous improvement of IT systems relating to stock control and ordering
• Work with warehouse colleagues to ensure the optimum lay out and ways of working in the warehouse and goods inwards.
• Agree weekly priorities for goods inwards processing.
• Carry out stock management operations in line with set product/retail policies and procedures
• Conduct assessment of supply chain to identify risks and develop solutions useful in minimizing losses
• Develop strong product and market knowledge to anticipate consumer demand and avoid stock outs or over stocks.
• Understand the annual trading cycle as it relates to the retail trade and be proactive in forward forecasting and quantities ensuring that maximum sales are achieved with minimal slow or dead stock.
• Responsible for the placing of orders and ensure requested goods are delivered on time
If you are an experienced Stock Controller looking to take the next step in your career, please apply online today with a copy of your CV, or contact Chris Bradley at Procurement People.