Are you a Buyer with experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment or recently completed study in supply chain and looking to kick start your career? Procurement People are proud to be working a with a exciting start up business who are looking to add experienced Buyers to their team as the business continues its journey of success. The successful candidate will help to develop strategy for range of commodities across the business keeping in mind the core components of price and quality with the wider needs of the business.
• You will strategically source using a category management approach goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met within Price, Quality and ensuring continuity of supply
• Undertake SRM activities to drive continuous improvement and innovation throughout the supply chain
• Monitor market trends and competitor analysis
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review the company's cost reduction activities
• Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising procurement best practise tools and methods.
• Monitor and advise on any issues that present risk or opportunity for the company
As the successful Buyer you will have…
• Degree Qualified
• CIPS Qualifications – Desirable
• Previous experience of purchasing in a fast paced manufacturing environment
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Have an analytical mind – good with statistics
• Have previous experience with MRP II
• Working knowledge of MS Office packages
• IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office packages
• Track record of negotiating cost efficient, added value contracts
• Results driven with a demonstrable experience of delivering success
• Keen to participate and contribute towards continuous improvement
• Comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
• Excellent communication/presentation skills and strong commercial acumen
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation at the beginning of their journey where they have big plans in place for the future and you can become a part of it and grow your career with them. You will be rewarded with a salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum plus a benefits scheme
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. If you are an experienced Buyer with the relevant experience above then please apply with a copy of your CV.
Please feel free to call Chris Jackson on 0121 272 8260 to discuss your application in more detail.