You have the opportunity to work for a top five business in their industry with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years with plans to open new market sectors with equally huge growth potential. You could join the company as Purchasing Manager and be based from their new premises in Buckinghamshire with occasional travel internationally, on average 4 times per year.
You will play a pivotal role in taking new products to market and will be involved at each stage of product creation including design, prototyping, branding, manufacturing and supply chain process. You will work alongside the MD, design team and warehousing to ensure a smooth process from manufacture to distribution. Your involvement will contribute greatly to improving the customer experience by ensuring a range of great products are available and the company has the capacity and capability to deliver. You will be involved in a number of bespoke projects and you have the opportunity to shape the way this business works and set key priorities.
• To manage relationships with international based vendors and source for new suppliers globally including the US and the Far East
• To manage the full end to end supply chain process
• Run tender competitions to completion through to award
• Be involved in the future of the business, including product design and overcoming the challenges in procurement to bring new ranges to life
Experience and Person Profile
• This role would ideally suit a Senior Buyer looking for the next step or an experienced Purchasing Manager seeking a new challenge.
• Experience of managing an international supply base in a manufacturing environment
• Manage distribution contracts both in the UK and for international transport of goods.
• You should have run your own tender competitions through to award
• Experience of JIT
• Strong commercial acumen
• Be innovative and forward thinking in the creation of procurement policy and process
• Have an understanding of technical specifications
• Happy with occasional international travel – typically a few days to a week per quarter.
• A strong passion for fitness or leisure actives would be ideal.
The successful candidate will receive a basic salary of up to £40,000 p.a. plus benefits which include pension plus monthly company bonus, free parking and free access to the on-site gym.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0121 272 8260.